My new friend Damama decided to help me out with a topic for today’s post, and I thank her because the kids, neighbors, spouse, store clerks, postal workers, etc. didn’t do anything to bother me yesterday. (Usually a day can hold multiple musings for a post – it was freaky.)
- I have a squirrel’s backside statue that I take out and use as a centerpiece for certain family get- togethers. It’s name is “Bushy”. (I have a story about why, but that requires someone to ask about it.)
- It was gold when I got it on sale at the mall, but I spray painted it gray and white to look more natural. Nothing worse than a gold squirrel’s backside.
- One of my kids called breasts “chestes” and one of my chestes is bigger than the other. You’ll get no photo of this. You will just have to take my word for it.
- I have pretty feet. I hope people start looking me over starting with the feet and just stop there. Hasn’t happened yet. When depressed about my 20 lb. weight gain over the past decade, I am temped to wear sandals in subzero weather because Mom told me accentuate the positive.
- To me, only chocolate qualifies as candy. Mints, Skittles, Twizzlers, Necco, Smarties are just sugar taking up space in the candy aisle. I dream in dark chocolate. (20 lb. weight gain – get the picture?)
- I am married to the most patient man in the world and he actually thinks he’s LUCKY to have me. I just get all teary-eyed and snifflely at our “Gift of the Magi” match up.
- I have one coarse hair under my chin that I call my “goat hair” that really bugs me. I really have to go visit an electrolysist and take care of that. If you watch, you can catch me playing with it with a sour look on my face, thinking how I should really make that appointment.
- I procrastinate. (Lucky for my goat hair.)
Well, now you might have guessed that Damama tagged me and asked me for 8 little things about me. Or you may think she asked me to portray myself as very unattractive and squirrelly. At any rate, I think I am supposed to identify 8 other lucky individuals to share their little things with and here they are….
The More the Messier, The Mom Bomb, Tracy Said What, Observations from the Back 40, Beyond the Red Door, Counterfeit Humans, A Toast to Parenting, Angelawd. I will send you all an email about it later but I am ready for some good old fashioned procrastination right now.
“You can’t be friends with a squirrel! A squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit.” ~ Sarah Jessica Parker