I am old-fashioned and like my movies clean, not mean. Give me a good plot, good acting and make me feel something and I will give you all my thumbs up. My movie reviews are listed below:
- The Princess Bride (1987) – family-friendly and funny. We have watched this over and over and itâ€™s still one of our all-time favorites. Highly recommend it.
- Enchanted (2007) – family friendly, funny, love story. Will remind you of the old school Disney movies you enjoyed as a kid. Cute and musical with a happy ending.
- Sydney White (2007) – family friendly re-make of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Cute humor and clever way of bringing this classic fairy tale to life in the 21st century. Happy ending and some nice chuckles. Cute!
- The Best Years of Our Lives - for older kids and families. The story of 3 WWII vets returning to normal life in the US after the war is told. One part is played by a vet who lost his hands in the war, which makes it very powerful. An oldie, but a gooodie.
COMEDY (or supposed to be)
- Chuck and Larry (2007) – donâ€™t bother with this awful movie unless you want to wait all night for a laugh. Itâ€™s painful to spend your time and/or money on this drivel.
- Be Kind Rewind (2008) – Kind of cute and kind of funny story that won’t be winning any awards but is safe to take the kids to and will make you chuckle a few times and leave you feeling hopeful.
- Amazing Grace (2007) – an inspiring true life story about one manâ€™s determination to do what he believed was right in order to abolish a wrong: slavery.
- Deja Vu (2006) – sci-fi with my man Denzel Washinton that will keep you watching and on the end of your seat right near the end.
- Atonement (2007) – a boring and depressing story of a little snot who some silly adults took seriously and her pitiful attempt to make it all better. Youâ€™d be better off to eat a piece of cake and watch reruns on cable.
- No Reservations ( 2007) – a slow moving love story spiced up by the lovely Catherine Zeta-Jones and little Abigal Breslin. If you don’t have anything else to do, it won’t turn your stomach but it doesn’t really satisfy either.
- December – Moody Blues